Followers

Monday, February 01, 2010

Newfoundland Dog.


This is a beautiful ENORMOUS dog called Princess. We met her in the park this afternoon. She is so gentle and good natured that you really feel safe with such a huge animal. At first I thought it was a St. Bernard but found out on her website that this is not the case. She is a great rescue dog and a great swimmer.
She as a beautiful face and a captivating posture. I hope to get some better pictures of her and Dudley one of these days.
This is the dogs website. There are three of them I think and they live not far from me.
This is a great little video explaining what these dogs are all about. You can also look up your own dog.

4 comments:

Anne said...

A gorgeous dog, and a new friend for Dudley..

Anonymous said...

I had two beautiful Newfs....still get emotional when I think about them

Lorraine said...

the labrador originated from the Newfoundland, they're a fantastic dog... they remind me of the Bernese Mountain Dogs (another fav of mine!)

Unknown said...

This is one of the gentlest and kindest dogs I have ever seen. She had a big open personality and was instantly friendly. Her owner told me that she has no conception of being bad and that when little dogs get frightened and bark or bite her she gets confused. I always said that animals are better than people and it is very true in general from my experience.
We got taught a lot about 'do unto others' etc in school. I don't see, nor have I seen, much of it about except for your family and a few close friends. Yet you just have to be kind to a dog (or any animal for that matter) and all the kindness is returned in spades.
Try that with your fellow man and he will make off with all he or she can.
Don't get me started.