Followers

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Howdy Pardner


















JP this afternoon having a good time by the river here in Roseburg . I keep going on about how beautiful Oregon is and how I am always in wonder at the natural beauty that seems to change from moment to moment. This was out by the joining of the south and north umpqua, a gorgeous sprawling park with leaves turning to gold and grass of emerald green. All watered and nurtured by the rain and the wind. The dogs love to run around here chasing the ball and just being themselves.
I have a lot of hats and this is my favorite cowboy hat. I got it from a saloon owner who I had done an ice carving for in Houston Texas when I first got to the United States in 1982 or so. In lieu of payment he pointed to a wall of Stetsons and told me to take my pick. This is the one I picked and I have had it ever since. I wear it quite a lot in here because it fits in.
I hope I am not boring you all with all these photos of Le Grand JP.
Because:
I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Colin------ If you bring me back a blackthorn I'll show you how to twirl your moustache like that.

twjewel said...

Like the hat a lot.

Eileen said...

I wasn't a bit bored and only because I can see from your expression you are crying on the inside........no not smirking...crying...xx

phyllis said...

What's wrong with ye chicken??