Followers

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Land Of Milk, Honey And, Of Course, A Little Vinegar






I realise that I may be overdoing this but the scenes that I come across on a daily basis are so gorgeous that I want you all to see them. I never get tired of photographing them and I am always in awe of nature and a higher power when I see them.
This part of the river is still but as you can see at the top there is a little action and the currents are very strong. In this beautiful river there are many , many drownings each year. They are usually adolescents  who are not aware of the danger behind the beckoning  beauty and alcohol is often a factor.
This is a reflection of the late evening clouds on the Umpqua River and is about five minutes from where I live. When you see sights like this it makes you wonder how this country used to look in the time of the Indians before the white man came. It wasn't that long ago compared to European history so it is easy to imagine the simplicity and unspoiled beauty of just a few hundred years ago.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Lovely narrative Jim and a fabulous picture of a place rich in beauty....keep them coming!!!