Followers

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Noble Beast



I went to Eugene, which is the next city north of Roseburg about 70 miles away, and Dudley and I went to an off leash park. While we were there this retired greyhound came in and bounded around the perimeter of the fenced in yard. He is part of a greyhound rescue program that they have here in the USA where people adopt them from the track. These dogs are so gentle and graceful. I would love to get one but you know...... His Lordship might not like it......................

5 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful dog! I have seen rescue groups here in Florida too.

Anonymous said...

lucky dog to be rescued. How many others are not. Cruelty to animals is criminal,esp to these greyhounds that run their hearts out to make money for betting man. Makes one ashamed to belong to the species. Wish I were a cat.

Dor said...

His lordship would get used to it and they would probably become great friends.

Evelyn said...

I have known quite a few greyhounds and lurchers in my time and ALL of them were extremely gentle dogs, couch potatoes, but lovely characters.

Therese said...

If you were a cat Rita who would spoil your lot then.