Followers

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Dudley The Scavenger


This has not been a good day. I went shopping for some Chinese ingredients in the local supermarket and brought my ipad in with me with all the recipes to make sure I didn't miss anything.
I then decided to go to a Chinese restaurant and buy the rice instead of making it. I left Dudley in the car and went in. They gave me the rice and then I decided I wanted to taste the wontons to see how they compared to mine. They cooked me six and i took them out to the car almost forgetting my wallet in the process. I had a taste before we took off for home and then Dudley gave me that wistful look that he is so good at. I gave him a taste and he liked it.
Finally got home and realised that I had left my ipad in the shopping cart. I dropped the bags on the floor and rushed to the 'phone to call the supermarket. TG a customer found it and handed it in but it took a good ten minutes to figure the whole thing out. I was so happy not to lose it.
So , I said to myself, now for those wontons with that nice sauce that she gave me with them. I came back into what passes for a living room here and Dudley was licking his lips.
All the wontons were gone. Demolished, devoured, ravaged.
The little brat.

6 comments:

Anne said...

A small price to pay for your ipad's safe return...hilarious!!!! Dont blame poor Dudley,...

Did he prefer them to yours?????

Unknown said...

I'll ask him when I bail him out of jail Anne.

brendan said...

to duds
have a tin of lassie meaty chunk's in the post to you.... don't worry we don't expect you to eat it ...there is a file inside and a getaway lead....you have a hideout here..... Dylan and Nathan

Unknown said...

Brendan ------ you're unique!!!

twjewel said...

Jim, you missed your calling. You should have been a writer. That is after the male modeling.

Unknown said...

Thanks Ter: Love those compliments!