Followers

Friday, September 10, 2010

JP Making His Communion























I thought I had posted this on the blog but I couldn't find it. I can't remember what year this was. Must have been around '55 or so. I was talking to Mam about this the other day and I am sure she will remember all the details. I didn't fix this photo because I thought it looked more realistic and representative of the period in it's tattered condition. Just like myself.
Note the big toe sticking out and the writing. I think I was going through my autographing practice stage at this time.
I looked better a few days later when I took my girlfriend to the DEBS.

4 comments:

twjewel said...

This is really adorable Jim. I also have some "funny looking" First Communion pictures.

Brian said...

I don't think this is a Communion photo. This looks like an altar boys outfit.

Unknown said...

From what I remember this was taken after the event. They didn't take photos of us making the communion but they did these after the fact. You're right it is an altar boy's outfit but it was for the communion.
I just have a vague recollection of this but I know I was never an altar boy.

phyllis said...

Ahh jayus you were a little dote, and your knees are clean!! :0