Followers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Phyllis's Scarf.


This is a great scarf and I get lots of comments on it. It always attracts attention for it's size and the fact that it is so unique. It is very, very warm in cold weather and performs the difficult task of being not only a fashion piece but also of serving  it's true purpose, which is of course, to keep you warm. So thanks again Phyllis. Great job and I always tell those who ask " My sister knit that"..
Speaking of great jobs: the very first Aran sweater I ever had was knit by Mam. This was from untreated wool that still had some of the oils in it. It was for a very special occasion and Mam knit it in 2 to 3 days. I can still see her, bleary eyed and clicking away with the needles. This was in the time of the Clancy Brothers so they were all the rage.
She did a wonderful job and to tell the truth, it was only years after that I really appreciated what she did. Isn't that typical?
Anne also knit me a great Aran polo type sweater that I still have. As soon as I lose a few pounds I will get back into it.

4 comments:

twjewel said...

I think you look great. The scarf adds to it of course. I also like all the green that one can see in the back ground. The area that you live in looks really nice.

Unknown said...

Thank you Terry.

grahamer said...

she made that for me

phyllis said...

Love that scarf..xx