Followers

Friday, April 30, 2010

A Young And Pretty Aunt Lilly And Aunt Carmel



This looks like Sandymount.




Aunt Carmel with Carmel






















I have never seen these photos before.
For the young ones: Lilly and Carmel were Dad's sisters and Jack was Lilly's husband. We all lived very close to one another and saw each other all the time. Jack worked in the Irish Press with Dad and he also had his own little business of the side. I used to work with him in this little business. They were great fun and Lilly was always the life and soul of any party. She had this huge laugh and voice that would animate any gathering. They were a great couple.
From what I remember of Carmel; she lived with Grandma Walsh for a very long time or until she got married. I don't remember her being married or knowing her husband. She was Dad's younger sister I think. I used to stay up in Grandma Walsh's from time to time and I remember Carmel going out to work on her bike in the morning.
Aunt Molly used to live in Granny Walsh's house too for a while and she used to go out to work in the morning.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Me neither...I can see Alice in the bottom pic..(Lily's daughter) and the pic of Carmel, both Carmel's brought them straight back to my mind!

twjewel said...

These are beautiful pictures. They look happy and content.

Colin M. Walsh said...

What great pictures, so nice to see. I love e photo of Lilly on the beach with the long floral dress, she looks like a movie star. What great people they all were. when I am home, I always expect to see uncle jack heading off to the village at his usual hasty gate. Love these photos and I am very very happy to photos of our family. Please post more when you can.