Followers

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Cecil And Therese
















I found this great picture of Cecil on facebook so I fixed it up a little . I don't know who is on the bike with him but I would like to know. It is a wonderful picture.
Just went back and read some of the comments on facebook. This is Therese on the bike with Cecil. This post is for all the people who don't visit facebook.
We didn't see Cecil very often but I remember him so well. He always had time for us children and he would give us his full attention when he talked to or listened to us. I was always glad to see him.

11 comments:

phyllis said...

This is such a lovely picture, and so nice to see.

Eileen said...

Who is this on the back of the bike I wonder?

twjewel said...

What a great photograph. I've only heard about Cecil. Who was he married to and was Therese his daughter?

Unknown said...

Cecil was married to Peggy who was Mam's older sister and my Godmother.

Terry Walsh said...

I had the same kind of reaction to this picture, I haven't seen Cecil since I was a child. But seeing this picture brought him right back to me, I too, remember him as being very kind and interested in what you had to say. Is that an NSU he is riding?

Eileen said...

Cecil was Dad to Therese, Evelyn, Dor and Rita......

Dor said...

The picture was taken in 1955 in Portmarnock, where Cecil rented a corrugated bungalow for a fortnight. We had such a great time there and so many great photos were taken.

Paul Walsh said...

Great shot of Cecil and Therese the bike looks like a Royal Enfield

Anne said...

Saw this on facebook...its a great photo...

brendan said...

it is indeed an enfild a 500cc bullet by the look of it....late 50's early 60's

Rita Coyne said...

There was a little seat on the petrol tank for me to sit on usually. Bike had to be early or mid fifties. Thanks for all the nice comments about Cecil he truly was very talented and clever, he could fix anything. we came on so many negatives we hadn't seen before and we were remembering how safe he made us feel when we were growing up. Therese.