Followers

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Touch Of Frank To Brighten Your Day.

This was a musical milestone in the sixties when Frank Sinatra and Antonio Carlos Jobim finally got to sing together on bossa nova songs. A lot of singers sang these songs, many like Tony Bennet sang them very well but it was only when Sinatra did them did they really get sung. He did a lot of standards in the bossa nova rhythm which added to the charm of the album. He visited Brazil when I was there and caused a sensation.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Amazing!! Brilliant clip, and well done Jem for posting it.

twjewel said...

When Sean and Ali were really little, I used to listen to Frank and Jobim in the car. I had a bad habit of playing a tape over and over and over again. (just ask your mom) Remember Peter Allen, Eileen?
I now have the CD. Still in my car.

Unknown said...

You're a girl after my own heart Terry. I have been listening to this since it came out in the mid sixties I think. It is a wonderful album.