Followers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Can You Believe This?


March 1st 1963 with the famous Paolo Soprano that eventually disappeared under very mysterious circumstances. Mam and Dad made a few sacrifices to buy me this great instrument. I look a little pale in this photo and for good reason. It was taken at about nine in the morning and I had just spent a very anxious half hour or so on the bus. I put the accordion in the little cubby hole behind the conductor on the bus and I was so afraid that someone would steal it that I sat on one of the side seats and wouldn't take my eyes off it. A particular point for the heightening of my anxiety would be when the bus would stop at a bus stop and there would be the possibility of someone jumping on, taking the instrument and making off with it while the bus sped away and I would be left on the platform shaking my fist. This is all true. I only relaxed when we got to the terminal and I made my way with this heavy accordion to Ross Studios to have this picture taken for posterity. This is the result.

5 comments:

phyllis said...

my god i remember that accordion,
but the thing i noticed most about this photo is how much Lynda's son Stuart looks like you.

Anne said...

and what about the Hur!

Eileen said...

Well I absolutely agree that Stuart looks like Jim in this pic but I also have photo of Stephen..Stu's dad from few years back where Stuart looks just like his Dad so odd that! aside from that...a very touching story Jim!

Unknown said...

That hur took hours to get just right.

Brian said...

I remember playing that accordion. Wooden Heart by Elvis.