Followers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Eric Clapton Autograph


























Eric Clapton came to see me in the kitchen at the Four Seasons Hotel in Seattle in the 80's. He was doing concerts at the Seattle Center and he asked if he could have some English food during his stay at the hotel. We made English food for him every day and his reason for coming to see me was to thank me. When he left he sent me a signed program of the concert. I thought that was very nice and thoughtful of him. He was a very ordinary fella, no pretensions.
It has always amazed me, coming from Crumlin and then meeting all of these famous people and getting to talk to them. It just goes to show that you never know what life has in store for you. I have always been a Frank Sinatra fan as I think most of the Walsh's are. Well, one day I was in the kitchen in Palm Springs in the hotel where I worked. We were in the middle of a big gala with President Ford, Gregory Peck, Bob Hope Liza Minnelli and a host of others. All of a sudden the door opened and in walks Frank Sinatra. He was talking to someone but he looked up and he caught my eye. This was someone whose records I used to listen to at parties in the late 50's and early 60's around on windmill road and here he is a few feet away from me.

No comments: