Followers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Riding Lesson In Indio California.


These were some of the happiest days doing what I really loved to do. The instructor here was a young californian rider who was super good. I didn't realize how much she had taught me until I got back up to Seattle and started riding with my friends who told me how much progress I had made while I was with Melissa.
The horse is a thouroughbred off the racetrack. Her name was Penelope and she had a weak back so I couldn't sit as I could with other horses. I rode her in a show and she did very well. I was pretty much still a novice rider but I did well.
She was a difficult horse for me to ride in the beginning.

16 comments:

Brian said...

I enjoyed watching this very much. I see where you went wrong on that last refusal, your shoulders were not far enough forward and your hold on the reins was far too tense. I also think you should have used the wide-arsed saddle to give you a greater center of gravity. You did well though.

Unknown said...

Thanks Brian. You're just a fountain of wit these days. Can't wait to see what Brendan has to say.

Unknown said...

Don't you think that little vivaldi piece was just spot on ?

brendan said...

I THINK THIS GIRL IS RIGHT WHEN SHE SAYS "REAL MOODY AND HIGHLY STRUNG AND HARD TO MANAGE"...BUT ENOUGH ABOUT JIM.... ISN'T THE HORSE BEAUTIFUL

Brian said...

The music was excellent. Can you send that track to me?

Unknown said...

Brendan : et tu brute ?

Colin M. Walsh said...

I'm not needed here.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't say that Colin. We're running short on iphones and ipads. Don't underestimate yourself.

brendan said...

Jim; Redde Caesari quae sunt Caesaris

Unknown said...

I remember that lesson in the Christian Brothers School around 1955. Never thought it would serve me although I do use it quite a lot. Especially when I'm talking to my younger brothers and sisters.

brendan said...

this can only be answered with yet another great Sean Connery line....thus endeth the lesson

Unknown said...

That's the Chicago way !

brendan said...

well done Jim...you know your movie's....ahhh sure i forgot...you where in that movie

grahamer said...

They don't make saddle's that big Brian

grahamer said...

Nice video tho did that horse live long after you got off it??

Unknown said...

Ma , can you talk to them !