Followers

Friday, August 05, 2011

Trip To Florence Oregon


Another travelogue from JP.
Florence is a small town about two and a half hours from Roseburg. The drive is beautiful and takes you off the interstate onto smaller roads. The town is very touristy but with a small town feel. There are lots of little restaurants and shops and a great variety of visitors. The restaurant we were in was just wonderful, very casual and very friendly.
This was the perfect trip. On the way back home we had to go through a little place called Elkton. This little town is aptly named because it is home to a herd of elk and a special drive off has been created to observe and photograph them. I have been there many times but the elk were always asleep or hiding or something. They were not to be seen. Once I got there to find elk all over the place but when I went to get my camera I discovered that I had forgotten it.
This time the Gods were smiling .

The weather was perfect and we had a great time.

No comments: