Followers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Bloomsday To All

STATELY, PLUMP BUCK MULLIGAN CAME FROM THE STAIRHEAD, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed. A yellow dressing gown, ungirdled, was sustained gently-behind him by the mild morning air. He held the bowl aloft and intoned: Introibo ad altare Dei.
Opening lines of Ulysses.
then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down Jo me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.
Closing lines of Ulysses

4 comments:

grahamer said...

its a mad book

Anne said...

Bloomsday is still celebrated in Dublin city, even the guy in the yellow dressing gown can be seen there, and the traditional breakfast, including kidneys, is served,....but like Graham says...its a mad book...

Unknown said...

Read it three times. Love it.

grahamer said...

Ann's right they do the breakfast and make a big deal in Dublin city center and there was a lot of talk about Bloomsday on the wire less ,but i could never read that book its mad..