Followers

Friday, January 11, 2013

Poster For The Theatre In Bahia Brazil









































This is a poster from a theatre evening in Bahia with the local Alliance Francaise. I played a piece in a production of Hamlet and the lady pictured here who was one of my friends wives played too.  She was a keen actress and played in a few pieces in Bahia besides this one. We all had a wonderful time.
The bottom picture is a picture of my dear friend Noelle who somehow got me into this project and who also played in quite a few plays in Bahia. We spent many afternoons and some evenings when I was laid up chatting. They were nice quiet and innocent times. I loved chatting to her. We are still in touch  36 years later. The bonds of deep and true friendship last decades as it does for all of the friends I made in those wonderful times of travel and foreign lands when, as expatriates, we were all in the same boat together.
I particularly like this photo of her because it shows her very dramatic and dynamic presence.

No comments: