Followers

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Panoramic Shot Of Dudleys Park.


This is the late evening sun streaming across Stewart Park. The acoustic shell on the left is where they play free music and films in the summertime. Lyle Lovett has played there as well as a lot of other big names. They also show free films there in the summer months. Hundreds of people show up for these events. They come in the morning and place their blanket on the grass in front of the stage and then come back to their place that evening. Amazingly the blankets are still there when they come back. By mid-morning or early afternoon the grass is a patchwork of blankets. I think that if anyone was caught stealing one of these blankets they would be lynched, so sacred is this event to the people around here.
Behind the shell is the Umpqua River where Dudley swims in the summer. I think I have mentioned before that this park is five minutes from the house and this is just a portion of it.
This panorama is a composite of three photos merged together and it is my first attempt at this.

6 comments:

carolyn walsh said...

:) hi jimmy..hello from a stranger looks fabulous where you live!! planning on travelling america next year myself..

was wondering how you post blogs..

saw that awful photo below from like centuries ago..needs a few updates! ;)

thanks for the b-day message!!

hope to meet you someday :) x

Unknown said...

Nice to hear from Carolyn. I like that photo of you. Send me your email and I will send you an invitation to post on the blog. Great to hear from you and hope to meet you too one of these days.

Anne said...

Very nice view, your getting good..

phyllis said...

Very good James, no end to your talents you remind me of me hahaha.

phyllis said...

Nice to see you on the blog Carolyn.
and your photo below is lovely.

phyllis said...

oops didn't i post that photo of you... that was taken at Stuarts wedding maybe 4/5 years ago.